Enrollment for the 2014-2015 school year will be held Jan. 31 - Feb. 14, 2014. Student applications and supporting documents should be received by Feb.14 at The Museum School of Avondale Estates at 923 Forrest Blvd., Decatur, GA 30030. Within 5 days of the end of the enrollment period, a public student lottery will be conducted to determine admission.
Applications must be accompanied by:
1. Either a deed, mortgage, lease or notarized Affidavit of Residency
2. Parental Agreement
3. A state-certified copy of the child's birth certificate
4. A copy of the child's social security card
5. A copy of parent's photo ID
6. Two documents proving residency within the attendance zone. The first proof of residency may be established with a lease, deed or mortgage; one of these documents must accompany the application. In addition, a second document proving residency must accompany the application; this can include a current utility statement, such as electric, water, or gas.
For the 2014-2015 academic year, The Museum School of Avondale Estates is open to all students in kindergarten through sixth grade who live within the attendance district, subject to availability. The school's two-tiered attendance district gives priority to children who live in focus area 1, which includes areas zoned for Avondale Elementary School, Knollwood Elementary School and MIdway Elementary School, as those zones were defined for the 2011-2012 academic year. If space allows, children who live in focus area 2, which is defined as the remainder of the DeKalb County School District (excluding areas within the City of Decatur and City of Atlanta), are considered for admission.
The two-tiered attendance zone allows The Museum School to provide a quality education to as many children as possible, ensure the school remains financially responsible, and uphold our mission to develop a community school.
Students with a parent or guardian who is a member of the governing board or is a full-time teacher, professional, or other employee of The Museum School, also are eligible to attend.