During the last week of school, students will be able to participate in specific activities each day. Wednesday, May 20th will be designated for our very first virtual career day. Families are encouraged to explore different careers by visiting the websites that will be provided. We are so excited that we still get to offer our students the opportunity to explore various careers. To make our virtual career day special, we really need the support and contribution of our TMS families.
Ways our families can contribute:
- Students may dress up in different career attire and upload pictures.
- Students can interview family members about their chosen careers and upload the video.
- Parents can create a video sharing about their chosen profession.
If you need guidance or suggestions about the content of your video, please take a look at the following possible areas of discussion.
Areas of discussion
- Daily work tasks and responsibilities
- Hours/days per week; #Days per year (vacation time)
- Educational requirements
- Personality traits needed to be successful in your position
- Perks and disadvantages of the job
- Academic subjects that relate to the job
- Activities students should do now if they are interested in pursuing your career
- Any other information you feel is important
If you are interested in being a part of career day, please upload your videos and photos to this Padlet. We request that all media are uploaded no later than Tuesday, May 19th. Families will be able to access the activities and resources provided via Padlet on the morning of Wednesday, May 20th.
The TMS Counseling Team