COVID-19 School Meal Procedure
Although the school building is closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, breakfast and lunch will be available to students.
Breakfast and lunch will be available to all students during virtual learning. Meals can be picked up outside the building on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am-noon. Meals will also be served during holiday break weeks (on Wednesday only during those weeks: Nov 25, Dec 23, and Dec 30).
- Five days’ worth of meals (breakfast and lunch, or lunch only) will be packaged for students to take home.
- Any Dekalb student wishing to have school meals is welcome to come to the school to pick up meals.
- No pre-ordering is required. Just show up either Wednesday or Thursday, between 9am and noon.
- Meals will be a combination of room temperature/ready to eat and frozen/heat at home.
- Meals are from our meal vendor, Preferred Meals and follow school nutrition guidelines. Regular or Vegetarian options are available.
- Meals are free to all students 18 and under (and special education students 21 and under) until May 28, 2021, due to a USDA waiver for COVID-19 assistance.
- Students do not need to be present for meal pick-up – a parent (with ID) can pick up the meals for the student. Contact The Nutrition Department if you have any questions.