On Friday, March 31, we will celebrate reading at TMS by enjoying reading activities throughout the day.
This year staff and students may choose to wear something comfortable for a “cozy reading day”. Staff and middle school students may also choose to dress up as a book character if desired.
Cozy Reading Day Guidelines
- No hoodies
- Appropriate pajamas/sweatpants are allowed
- Follow student handbook guidelines for lengths, etc.
- Students with questionable outfits will be asked to change into their uniform
TMS On the Same Page 2023 – Friday, March 31- April 28
This year TMS will read Odder by Katherine Applegate together! This is a precious story written in free verse about a little otter who has to learn to navigate her world on her own and with the help of some friends.
Join us for the following book clubs, an author visit, and service opportunities!
- March 28-31 Get your copy of Odder at our TMS book fair or other vendor.
- April 10 3:00-4:00pm K-3rd grade Book Club in the Media Center
- April 17 3:00-4:00pm 4th-8th grade Book Club in the Media Center
- April 28 1:30-2:30pm Schoolwide Author Visit with Katherine Applegate
From the Publisher:
Now a #1 New York Times bestseller! A touching and lyrical tale about a remarkable sea otter, from Newbery Medalist Katherine Applegate, author of Wishtree.
Meet Odder, the Queen of Play:
Nobody has her moves.
She doesn’t just swim to the bottom,
She doesn’t just somersault,
She doesn’t just ride the waves,
she makes them.
Odder spends her days off the coast of central California, practicing her underwater acrobatics and spinning the quirky stories for which she’s known. She’s a fearless daredevil, curious to a fault. But when Odder comes face-to-face with a hungry great white shark, her life takes a dramatic turn, one that will challenge everything she believes about herself–and about the humans who hope to save her.
Inspired by the true story of a Monterey Bay Aquarium program that pairs orphaned otter pups with surrogate mothers, this poignant and humorous tale told in free verse examines bravery and healing through the eyes of one of nature’s most beloved and charming animals.