- k-3 to start 8/13 (Mondays 3:30-4:30)
- 4-6 to start 8/10 (Fridays 3:30-4:30)
- 7-8 to start 8/8 (Wednesdays 3:30-4:30)
All Drama Clubs will meet in the cafetorium and are sponsored by Mr. Abernathy and Ms. Reynolds. Students may sign up at any meeting.
The Museum School Drama Clubs are process-oriented after-school drama organizations in which students rehearse and perform scripted material. Students in the Drama Clubs learn the basics of stagecraft, self discipline and the importance of hard work, creativity and imaginative play, listening and observation skills, and self confidence. Our students enjoy the rewards that come with working together to achieve a common goal.
Did You Know?
- After-school programs help improve school attendance.
- Participation in drama improves reading comprehension, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Students involved with drama programs outscore non-arts students on standardized tests.
- 83% of parents want their children to participate in some form of drama program.*
*Source: National Assembly of State Art Agencies and the Arts Education Partnership, 2006